Built in 1825, this tiny building was originally used as an equity court. In 1856 its ownership was transferred to the Town of Cheraw, South Carolina and was used as a private library and the Lyceum Meeting Room. It served as Cheraw’s first telegraph office, and was both the Confederate and Union quartermasters’ headquarters. It now houses a museum depicting Cheraw’s history, Indian artifacts, steamboat era and Confederate War relics.
In early 2014, LCM Builders was proud to rebuild some worn and damaged portions of the exterior with historically correct construction materials and methods.
To see more pictures of the Lyceum click here